Saturday, May 26, 2012

An Interesting Group…

I am very busy right now, and the rest of the week may not have much from me (though I'll have more certain information on my potential future posts for the next week tomorrow); so, in the meantime, here's a little something to whet your appetite, if you like particular things on your menu, that my Thracian colleague alerted me to recently.

This group is called Threskeia, and they are a Bulgarian pagan group that does a great deal of Thracian-related practice. Their main deities are Hekate as mother goddess, and Dionysos/Sabazios as "son god," and they follow a Pythagorean-based philosophy (which, of course, is descended from Thracian Orphism, and related to Greek Orphism). The name of the group not only is derived from "Thracian," but is a Greek work that basically means "to honor the gods," i.e. to be religious–so, really, the Thracian influence on Greek religion was so heavy that in Greek, "to be Thracian" (or "to do Thracian") means "to be religious"! Interesting!

via http://aediculaantinoi.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/an-interesting-group/