Monday, December 19, 2011

The new way to make money from others' work: AdF.ly

Dear All, and especially blog owners and publishers on the Web,

I just discovered that  my posts were used to make money by somebody else... 

On the statistics page of my blog (Blogger), a new trafic source just made it through with 241 views last week: http://j.gs/1092968/shareyourblog

At the beginning, I tought that  somebody was making links directly to my posts. I was not far from the truth. As links effectively are, but making money for somebody else!

The AdF.ly referral system allow anybody to create a link to ANY webpage or blog post on the web and so to make money from the traffic on this link! In other words, making money from your back.

I complained to AdF.ly. I am wating for their answer.

For the time being, I will keep on posting anyhow... but will look for a parade. 


PS: Just got the answer from AdF.ly:

----
Hi,

This looks like referral spam to me. The sole purpose was to get you
and other blog owners to visit the AdF.ly URL because you've seen it
in your stats.

I have suspended their account, thank you for letting us know.

Kind Regards,