Sunday, November 27, 2011

Seen in Passing: Pompeii Trilogy Drama in the Works

Seen in Passing: Pompeii Trilogy Drama in the Works
http://rogueclassicism.com/2011/11/26/seen-in-passing-pompeii-trilogy-drama-in-the-works/

From an NBC interview with playwright Tom Jacobson:

Q. What projects are you currently working on?

A. I'm working on a trilogy about Pompeii: Three full length plays about a Roman family putting on a fake Greek play in their private theater on the day that the Vesuvius erupted in 79AD. I was inspired by the Getty Villa, which was modeled on a villa that was destroyed by the Vesuvius in 79AD. I want to do a play some time at the Getty Villa and I realize that the plays that they do there are adaptations of Greek plays, so I thought, why not write a Greek play.

via A Playwright's LaLa Land (NBC)

… we'll keep our jaded eyes open … (not sure whether they should be jaded in this case, but you never know …)